At Toyota, we take forklift safety seriously.
Operators of powered industrial trucks must be fully trained and employer certified as required in recent federal regulation. As part of the regulation, truck operators are required to complete formal classroom training, practical hands-on training and an evaluation. Employers like you need an effective and comprehensive training program to meet this OSHA regulation.
JIT Toyota-Lift can help you meet and exceed OSHA standard 1910.178 by offering specialized and comprehensive training materials and programs.
Forklift Operator Training
- Classroom experience plus hands-on training for forklift operators who need OSHA certification
- Training sessions available at your facility or one of JIT Toyota-Lift’s two locations
Train the Trainer
- 2-day course that teaches and certifies those interested in becoming a forklift trainer as required by OSHA
- Class fees cover the cost of instruction, certificate of completion, training resources, and provided meals
- Ensure every potential powered industrial truck operator is capable and trained.
- Ensure a designated trainer evaluates every potential operator.
- Ensure only trained operators are allowed to operate the trucks.
- Certify that each operator has received training, been evaluated, and has demonstrated competency in performance.
- Retain training materials OR the name and address of the person who conducted the training.
- OSHA Regulations (Standards – 29 CFR) Powered Industrial Trucks 1910.178 – Part L Only
Commonly Asked Questions:
- What does the regulation say about wearing seatbelts?
- What is the regulation on lights and back up alarms?
- Can we use lift baskets?
- Do we have to use jack stands on uncoupled trailers?
- Do we have to use wheel chocks if we have an inclined dock?
- Do I have to retro fit my forklift with a seatbelt if it doesn’t have one? Can a hearing impaired person operate a lift truck?
- What are the fall protection requirements for an order picker?
- Is a front-end loader with forks considered a forklift?
- Where do I get a copy of all of these standards?