10 Ways Businesses Can be Environmentally Friendly
Toyota is committed to continuously improving their environmental stewardship. They ask us as their dealer partners to do the same. We’ve initiated recycling programs, seek to minimize pollution and promote the advantages of electric-powered forklifts.
Here are some ideas from Toyota that will help your business become more environmentally friendly:
- Reduce waste by recycling and looking at your process to reduce the amount of raw materials used.
- For remaining waste, consider a waste-to-energy facility. Is there a way to reuse the waste that was created?
- Consider changing your thermostat. Allowing the temperature range to be a little warmer in the summer months and cooler in the winter months can have a very positive impact on the environment and reduce your company’s overall carbon footprint.
- Increase your number of alternative fuel forklifts, whether electric, propane or Compressed Natural Gas (CNG). For example, propane is non-toxic and clean-burning, so it’s versatile enough for indoor or outdoor applications. It’s also safe and economical and requires little maintenance.
- Start a recycling program at your facility. Set goals for reduction in waste that goes to landfills.
- Install an energy-efficient lighting system.
- Encourage your vendors and partners to adopt “green” initiatives.
- Encourage carpooling among employees and offer incentives for doing so.
- See if fast charging makes sense for your facility, and reduce the number of batteries used.
- Recycle used oil.
Read More on the Toyota Forklift Site.
Small changes can have a big impact on our world.